Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Is there any API/SDK web-services available for CISCO ASA firewall operations

Hi,

I am looking for the API/SDK or web-services exposed by CISCO ASA firewall models. I want to use these API to perform following tasks as an example:

1. Get the CPU utilization of the firewall

2. Memory Usage

3. Add firewall rules

Above tasks can be done via connecting to firewall by telnet or ssh. But I want to know is there any API's available to do this activity.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shyamkant

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

Is there any API/SDK web-services available for CISCO ASA firewa

There is nothing today (that I know of), but OnePK should have support for the ASA in 2014.

https://blogs.cisco.com/security/ciscos-onepk-part-1-introduction/

Community Member

Thanks Collin for the clarification.

But still I have seen in the market (http://www.manageengine.com/products/firewall/help/index.html) has already communicating with the CISCO firewall. So just want to know currently what is the mechanism available to communicate with ASA Firewall apart from the commands.

In OnePK it is mentioned that there are some C , JAVA and Python programmes are there. Is there any example or document which explains about how it work.

This will be really great help to us.

Regards

Shyamkant

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Most current ASA management products (ASDM, CSM, PRSM) communicate and push commands via old-fashioned enable login and forwarding cli commands under the covers.

A programmatic interface is being developed for use by products such as the Cisco Insieme APIC and other SDN products such as Cisco QNC (ONE controller). I don't believe it is available for customer / public use yet. I would recommend you go over to Cisco Developer Network for more info along these lines.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content