Helpful
Replies

ISSUE about Permanent License

fortissimo2015
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I search something about L-ASA-AC-M, I find this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa84/license/license_management/license_85.html#wp1761230

In this web I see: You can have one permanent activation key installed. The permanent activation key includes all licensed features in a single key.

I am confuzed by these words whether I can not active SEC-PLUS and AC-M features in a same time, or I need to combine these two licenses to a single permanent activation key?

Thanks for any reply~

6 Replies 6

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

Actually you have two types of feature license... either you can get the time based license... which is counted for the specific period say 1 year..... you can have both permanent license and time based license together....

say you have permanent license for VPN and time based license for botnet filter..... then you can have both installed....

Regards

Karthik

Thank you for your reply.

What I'm confuzed is if I have 2 permanent license, like ASA5505-SEC-PL and L-ASA-AC-M=, can I active them both?

Hi,

You should be able to activate both..... there will not be any problem in doing that....

first upgrade to sec-plus and then update the anyconnect license....

Regards

Karthik

As Karthik stated, you can activate both. When you do the Sec-Plus you should reload and then put the Any Connect license on and reload.

Mike

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it but when I activated one the other is failed, no matter which I activated first.

Whatsmore, I found something on this WEB

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/config/license.html#wp1330679

When you activate a permanent license, it overwrites the currently-running permanent and temporary licenses and becomes the running license.

Hi,

Yes that is correct for a core license, when you upgrade from Base to security plus then base license will get overwritten by the security plus license....

By anyconnect you have is a specific feature license, which should be upgradable one.

Have you reloaded after upgrading from base license to sec plus? and then only you have tried to add feature license for anyconnect right?

Regards

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card