Helpful
Replies

Licenses for 5545x. "How to install licenses from CD?"

Steve Coady
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have (4) new ASA5545x'

I also received (2) sets of the following licenses which came CD in white cardboard envelopes:

-Cisco ASA 55xx Series

Any Connnect Mobile

ASA 5545 License

Product: ASA-AC-M-5545=

The Product key is in the envelope

-Cisco ASA 5545-X CX AVC

and Web Security Essentials (3 year Promo)

ASA 5545 License

Product: ASA5545-AW3Y-PR=

-Cisco Any Connect 55xx Series

Phone Licenses

Product: ASA-AC-PH-5545=

The ASA's will be configured for HA

Can someone provide a step-by-step guide for this implementation.

sMc
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Mobile and Phone licenses must be installed on the ASA proper. Here is a link to the procedure.

While you are on the ASA licensing portal, also check on your unit to make sure you have the (free) 3DES-AES license activated. If not, you can also request that on the portal.

The AVC and WSE license combo is on the NGFW / CX module and must be activated from within the PRSM (Prime Security Manager - the management GUI) after you've performed the initial setup per the Quick Start Guide. Here is a link to the "Managing System Licenses" section of the PRSM User Guide. 

View solution in original post

The PRSM GUI is built into the code that loads and runs on the ASA CX module itself. It's a web-based front end to manage configure, build reports etc. for the Application Visibility and Control (AVC) and Web Securities Essentials (WSE) features you've purchased the licensing for.

Please follow the Quick Start Guide I linked above.

That guide will step you through the necessary steps to bootstrap the system so it is ready to be licensed and you can build policies etc. to further the goal of network protection.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Mobile and Phone licenses must be installed on the ASA proper. Here is a link to the procedure.

While you are on the ASA licensing portal, also check on your unit to make sure you have the (free) 3DES-AES license activated. If not, you can also request that on the portal.

The AVC and WSE license combo is on the NGFW / CX module and must be activated from within the PRSM (Prime Security Manager - the management GUI) after you've performed the initial setup per the Quick Start Guide. Here is a link to the "Managing System Licenses" section of the PRSM User Guide. 

Marvin

Thank you for the response.

Just so I understand, to install the " -Cisco ASA 5545-X CX AVC and Web Security Essentials (3 year Promo), I need to use the Cisco Prime GUI?

sMc

You're welcome.

Yes, Prime Security Manager (PRSM) is the GUI required for 98% of the CX module operations. Basically anything beyond initial setup requires you to use the PRSM interface. PRSM is available "on-box" (no additional cost) or "off-box" (A licensed product that runs on a VM and can be used to manage multiple firewalls' CX modules with common policies, etc.

I say PRSM specifically because "Prime" is an overall branding / loosely defined "architecture" Cisco uses for many management products - over 20 last I counted.

Marvin

All I have is a GUI for Cisco Prime INfrastructure. The only thing we have on that is our Wireless AP information.

This doesn't sound like the same thing you are talking about, does

it?

sMc

The PRSM GUI is built into the code that loads and runs on the ASA CX module itself. It's a web-based front end to manage configure, build reports etc. for the Application Visibility and Control (AVC) and Web Securities Essentials (WSE) features you've purchased the licensing for.

Please follow the Quick Start Guide I linked above.

That guide will step you through the necessary steps to bootstrap the system so it is ready to be licensed and you can build policies etc. to further the goal of network protection.

Marvin.

I accessed the GUI and uploaded the .lic file. I then enabled the features under the: License/"i want to"/Manage features.

I then issued the SHOW VERSION command expecting to see all (3) PAK's, but only see the activation keys for the 2 ip applied directly to the ASA. Is there a command to verify the license for 5545-X CX AVC & Web Security Essentials is available on the ASA?

sMc

The licenses for the NGFW features on the CX modules (AVC, WSE and/or IPS) are only viewable on PRSM itself, not in the base ASA.

Log into PRSM and go to Administration > Licenses. Here's a link to the User Guide on that section.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card