cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 - one box stuck in pre-deployment

ktokashhh
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully someone has an idea what this might be, I may be going batty. I have a list of devices core devices I'm manually inputting into the Credential Manager, then grouping together, then running the initial sync archive job on. Once I get a success on all core devices I can start automating the backups.

At any rate, I have had pretty good luck so far with everything but one box. "cs2" refuses to move from pre-deployment within RME. I have its counterpart "cs1" in there and it was never stuck in pre-deployment.

So far I have:

- Resubmitted the device within RME

- Run a complete polling job

- Run sync archive on a group after manually adding it to a group

- Deleted and re-added the device 3 times, each time taking special care with the credentials

- Pinged the device from the command line of the LMS box

- SSH'd into the box with the user/pass LMS has

- Triple-checked the acls on the device itself (they are the same as cs1)

I have no net-snmp box handy, and the failure notification keeps telling me that SNMP auth fails. I am getting nutty because cs1 has the exact same SNMP community string and acl and works fine.

Any ideas would be great.

1 Reply 1

ktokashhh
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, this was a PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). There was a second acl in the way, which was something I could only see *after* posting to the world that I couldn't figure this out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: