cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing Internet and Site to Site VPN's across Multiple ISP.

Sundeep Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We  are currently connected to a single ISP with different Internet related  services like mail, web, dns and IPSEC site to site VPN's running. We  would be adding another ISP and do load balancing across these multiple  links. We are using Cisco ASA firewall.

Can anyone suggest a load  balancer which can not only provide load balancing of the links but  failover as well for mail,web and IPSEC Site to Site VPN's. I came  across Peplink that can achieve this but I guess I will have to  decommision our ASA in order to install Peplink.

Check attached diagram, this will be our proposed design.

Regards

1 Reply 1

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sundeep,

The simplest solution would be to put an IOS router (or two with HSRP) between the ASA and the ISPs and do policy-based routing for your flows between the 2 ISPs. Otherwise, any load balancer should work fine with the ASA. If failover of the load balancer is a requirement, you'll need to look at product specific documentation for whichever solution you choose.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card