Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Logging connection states for specific host

We have a server on an inside interface and need to log anything related to its TCP connections (build, teardown, etc.) to a syslog server.

I see how to do it by class, by message id, even by customer message list. However, I don't see where we can do this given a specific local ip address.

Ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Logging connection states for specific host

You can set up a rule in the syslog server to log anything with the IP adderss and TCP as keywords in the message ID and log it to a file (or whatever rule you want to assign it). Not sure which syslog server you're using, but I know you could do it with Kiwi.

2 REPLIES

You can set up a rule in the syslog server to log anything with the IP adderss and TCP as keywords in the message ID and log it to a file (or whatever rule you want to assign it). Not sure which syslog server you're using, but I know you could do it with Kiwi.

That's a great idea. Although I wasn't able to find out how to filter the data in Kiwi, I was able to highlight certain messages.

Although I was receiving more data than I could view in real-time, I was able to search the log files for what I was looking for.

Can you think of a syslog server that will allow me to filter and store only data I want? I wasn't able to do this with Kiwi.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content