cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

loosing the connection with pix 515E

v-rosas
Level 1
Level 1

I have two firewall pix's model PIX-515E with software version 6.3.(4) in production.They are configured as failover active/standby and connected to Internet. Normally if I turn off the pix that is working as active the other pix go to be the active without problem, but during the last month I have a problem because I am loosing the connection between the internal interface of the pix and the customer's network connected to this port, as first option I reboot the pix and the standby go as active and the comunication is established, if by console go to the pix the network can not be seen. No matter if the pix has traffic of not, 3 days ago the problem was present and I can review son statistics between the switch and

the pix but I could not be any error, then I clean the arp table in the switch and the switch can ping the pix but no one else, then

I clean the arp table in the active pix and all work fine. Can you help me please.

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Post the {show run} from the pix to check the complete configuration from the Pix. Have you tried to use a static NAT instead of the dynamic NAT? The Primary and Secondary PIX's need to mirror each other. Meaning, they need to have the same PIX code and hardware. For the failover to work. For example, if you add a pix4fe card to the Primary pix, you will also need to add a pix4fe card to the Secondary pix.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card