Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Pending Certificate Request

aconticisco
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have completed the Certificate Request from the ASA ASDM GUI and forgot to save before closing (Saved only from command line) which apparently does not save what has been done from the ASDM. Now I have received the certificate from the CA but have no pending Identity Certificates showing in ASDM that I can install the CA Certificate on.

Is there any way of re-creating the request without having to start all over again and requesting the CA to issue another certificate ?

I have the original csr request + on the command line I can see "crypto ca trustpoint ASDM_TrustPoint0" and its attributes as originally submitted (not sure why it does not appear in ASDM GUI)

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hard to say what's going on in ASDM without seeing it but generally speaking a save (write mem) works the same from either place. If you don't APPLY a change in ASDM it hasn't been executed on the device - only staged in ASDM for later transmission to the device once you hit apply.

If you have a trustpoint pending fulfillment of a CSR, you can generally complete the process from the CLI with:

crypto ca import ASDM_TrustPoint0 certificate

enter the certificate text and then hit enter (newline) and then type quit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hard to say what's going on in ASDM without seeing it but generally speaking a save (write mem) works the same from either place. If you don't APPLY a change in ASDM it hasn't been executed on the device - only staged in ASDM for later transmission to the device once you hit apply.

If you have a trustpoint pending fulfillment of a CSR, you can generally complete the process from the CLI with:

crypto ca import ASDM_TrustPoint0 certificate

enter the certificate text and then hit enter (newline) and then type quit.

worked from the cmd line as suggested

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: