Views
Helpful
Replies

MAIL via VPN

batumibatumi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Friends, I have 2 ASA FW 5520 and 5505, and they are connected with each-other VIA VPN. I have mail server MS exchange, Domain, Share point and etc... inside 5520. And my question is next: Is it possible that users from 5505 could send and receive mails and have access with domain controlers ... ?

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Giorgi,

Is short - yes! as long as both sites know about the IP subnets. To make it work - the device on the 5505 site should have it's DHCP device configured with the DNS server IP address of 5520....or if the 5505 site has it's own DNS, it should forward to the 5520's.

HTH.

I staticly configured ASA 5505 DNS (and domain server) as what DNS IP and DOMAIN name mas assign to the mainc cisco asa 5520. i know that, but shold i need to open SMTP port dor asa 5505's users to send and recieve mails form ASA 5520 (sysopt connection permit vpn is enough to permit mail (SMTP traffic???)). I already configured ASA 5505 inside users to have access to internet VIA 5520 firewall ... :)))

Tankas in advance.

Regards Batumi3

It sounds like everything is OK and should work - what exactly is the problem you are seeing?

Yes, it is.

I just want to use mail server via VPN. I already configured VPN and users from 5505 can reach to internet through VPN. I mean i can open web site from 5505 using VPN. and if i can reach internet via VPN i think i can use mail server which is situated in the inside interface of ASA 5520 ...

Need advice ... :)))

Great thanks in advance

Regards

Can you ping the mail server by name and or Ip address?? can you telnet to the mail server on poert 25 and 110?

I just configured to reach internet (users from inside network of 5505) via VPN ... I hav not configured mail server yet ... :)))

I just intrested in if it is possible. and one more question, should i make static nat for smtp port to use remote users mail via VPN ... pretty clear ... ? Sorry for my poor English

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card