cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximun Physical Interfaces on PIX515E models

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Quick question on the 515E models, I have read the 515E product specs indicating these models can only support a maximum of 6 physical interfaces. I currently have a set of 515Es in a failover configuration, each with one PIX-4FE-66 card and a SafeXcel-241-PIC circuit board, is this safeXcel card the actual vpn accelerator board..if so is it feasible to install an dditional PIX-4FE-66 in replacement of the SafeXel board, as we do have a different VPN solution through vpn concentrators and thought of adding four additional FE physical ports on them.

Thanks

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ..

the 515E models support a maximum of 6 Physical interfaces nad 25 virtual interfaces.

I hope it helps .. please rate if it does !!!

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. PIX-515E can only support maximum 6 physical interfaces. If you already have a 4-port card installed in your PIX and a additional VPN accelarator card, you cant replace the VPN accelarator card with a 4-port card, because PIX is already at its max. no. of physical interfaces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card