Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB issue ASA 5510

samwharton29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to query a mib for the asa to show me what IP peer is connected on a tunnel.

When I do a mib walk on the 5510 8.2(1) none of the OID'S for these values show up, although they should be supported.

Ie cikepeerentry or crasusername OIDs.

I would have expected the ASA to support all the OIDS that are listed in the SNMP object navigator under that IOS?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sam

2 Replies 2

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

ASA is not IOS, it's not the same supported list of mibs.

You can only have the following :

ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asa/asa-supportlist.html

crasUsername is in the CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB listed among the MIBs on that page, but says OID not supported when I try to walk that part of the MIB.  I have the same problem because I can get everything (Remote IP, Local IP, VPN Group) but the user name for VPN sessions.  With the 3030 VPN Concentrator it was part of the ALTIGA-SESSION-STATS-MIB.  Since we've moved our Cisco VPN Client sessions to the ASA we can't monitor those using our SNMP management system.  You can see the session information from a command line session on the ASA (show vpn-sessiondb remote), or from the ASDM interface, but that's doesn't help the NOC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: