Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Migrating from FWSM 3.2 to ASA 8.4

Hello,

I need to migrate from FWSM 3.2 to ASA 8.4 and I am wondering if there is a conversion tool available for downloading or something.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Hi,

One option would be to have the ASA on software version 8.2 and drop the FWSM configurations on the ASA and boot it with 8.4 and let the ASA convert the configurations.

I don't know how reliable it is but I guess thats atleast one of the "easy ways" to convert the configuration.

I personally do it all by hand since I have to learn the new NAT format and operation. So what better way than redoing the NAT configurations yourself.

I don't know if theres a tool but I'm sure someone else on the forums will answer regarding that.

- Jouni

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Hi,

One option would be to have the ASA on software version 8.2 and drop the FWSM configurations on the ASA and boot it with 8.4 and let the ASA convert the configurations.

I don't know how reliable it is but I guess thats atleast one of the "easy ways" to convert the configuration.

I personally do it all by hand since I have to learn the new NAT format and operation. So what better way than redoing the NAT configurations yourself.

I don't know if theres a tool but I'm sure someone else on the forums will answer regarding that.

- Jouni

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content