Views
Helpful
Replies

Move interface config on ASA 5525X

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I have an ASA 5525X with a port channel to a 3750 stack. I currently have my inside interface on g0/1 and want to move this to the port channel as po1.1

I'm afraid with all the references to the interface name of Inside1 that I will break some applications and rules. What is the best way to move this interface?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here's how I've done it successfully:

1. Pull off a backup copy of your configuration as a text file.

2. Sort out a subset of that config backup including only the lines referencing the nameif in question ("inside") (and any parent/child lines that may exist and be required to re-introduce those bits later).

3. Delete the nameif associated with Gi0/1. This will remove from the running-config the lines you have sorted offline.

4. Recreate the nameif along with the setup of your new Po1.1 interface.

5. Add the "inside" lines you sorted out earlier back into the configuration.

6. Test and backup once more. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here's how I've done it successfully:

1. Pull off a backup copy of your configuration as a text file.

2. Sort out a subset of that config backup including only the lines referencing the nameif in question ("inside") (and any parent/child lines that may exist and be required to re-introduce those bits later).

3. Delete the nameif associated with Gi0/1. This will remove from the running-config the lines you have sorted offline.

4. Recreate the nameif along with the setup of your new Po1.1 interface.

5. Add the "inside" lines you sorted out earlier back into the configuration.

6. Test and backup once more. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something easier like remove the name and move it to the port channel...I knew better though. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card