Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multi Context Firewall and PVLANS

Afternoon All,

I really hope someone has experienece of this and can help me.

We have a ASA 5515X running in Multi Context mode with 2 internal firewalls called FW01 & FW02. The firewalls are transparent and pass traffic as they should do.

We want a dedicated interface which sits on a different network so the firewall instances could send logs to a log server. We have one interface left in the ASA so we have created two subinterfaces and assigned each one to the firewalls. Now here is where it gets really complicated. You can use the same vlans in the same firewall (I tried), so we are now using PVLANS in community to allow what we need to do. So it looks like this:

The PVLAN set up is 20-Primary 21-Isolated 22-Community A 23-Community B

SWITCH ----(Trunk20,22,23)------> Gi0/0(Sys)Firewall---------Gi0/0.1(Vlan22)-----FW01 (BVI 1.1.1.1) 

---------Gi0/0.2(Vlan23)-----FW02 (BVI 1.1.1.2)

Other hosts on this switch which uses the Isolated VLAN are fine and I can get to them. But with the firewall in this configuration I cant get it working. The trunk says its trunking and I have no Native VLAN configured.

Does anyone have any ideas? Appreciate this is not a very nice configuration.

Views
Helpful
Replies