cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Context Upgrade

dfranjoso
Level 1
Level 1

My friend, i currently have 2 ASA 5520 in multiple context. I want to upgrade them to 7.2.2, but i can only put the software in firewall that is "attached" to the admin context !! How do i put the software in the otlher firewall which is not "attached" to the admin context. Many thanks!

3 Replies 3

sebastan_bach
Level 4
Level 4

hi even though u can virtualise firewalls with the contexts . but the ios is only one for all the firewalls

u don;t need any seperate ios for it. cause there is only a single flash in ur firewall. the security context make virtual firewalls only logically.

and if i am not wrong the ios u will upgrade in the system execution space,

hope this helps.

regards

sebastan

thanks for you answer! My problem is that i can only upgrade one hardware firewall. The other hardware firewall i?m unable to see how i can do! So, i have one with 7.2 and other with 7.1 !

if u are planning for failover between the 2 firewalls till the major release is same i feel it won;t case any issues to u .

the major release been 7 here and the minor release being .2 and .1.

regards

sebastan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card