cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple contexts with CSC-SSM

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I found that the AIP-SSM is usable with contexts, but not finding anything that says yeah or nay when it comes to using the CSC-SSM with contexts. Will it work when the 5520 is setup with contexts, and is it global, or can each context be setup to use or not use it? I am thinking of using a 5520 with CSC-20 installed for this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I think there's no problem using CSC-SSM with contexts (besides multiple mode restrictions). As far as I know It's global and there's no way to create "virtual csc" as virtual sensors with the IPS module. Finally I don't know any setup that can stop a context from using the CSC, so it will be available for all contexts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi, I think there's no problem using CSC-SSM with contexts (besides multiple mode restrictions). As far as I know It's global and there's no way to create "virtual csc" as virtual sensors with the IPS module. Finally I don't know any setup that can stop a context from using the CSC, so it will be available for all contexts.

OK Thanks, that is information I can use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card