Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT behind an Internet router

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

i've plan to get an internet edge 2911 router that routes public ip space between 2x internal ASAs.

one asa is a regular 5510 ver 8.2 and the other is our new context-based 5525-x ver 8.6.

my question is, who does NAT here is it the ASA or router (with ASA bypass NAT'ng)?

see visio attached in what i'm trying to achieve here.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi John,

When you have the public IP segment directed configured on the ASA outside interface. You can have the NAT/PAT done there in the ASA itself and all you need is to have a static route for the respective segments of ASA's in the gateway router to reach the respective zones. You can have the Gateway router to just do the routing with ISP.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Karthik

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi John,

When you have the public IP segment directed configured on the ASA outside interface. You can have the NAT/PAT done there in the ASA itself and all you need is to have a static route for the respective segments of ASA's in the gateway router to reach the respective zones. You can have the Gateway router to just do the routing with ISP.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Karthik

hi karthik,

thanks for confirming my thoughts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card