cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nat or no nat

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a diagram to help better explain what I'm wondering. I think I'll need to, but maybe not.

My ASA has a private address on the inside interface, and a public address on the outside. Will I need to nat if my device in front is natting for other traffic?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JamesLuther
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The question would be, does the fatpipe device have routes to your internal network?

If it does then there is no need to NAT on the ASA and you can have all your NAT in one place. If it doesn't have your internal networks in it's routing table then you will need to NAT on the ASA.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JamesLuther
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The question would be, does the fatpipe device have routes to your internal network?

If it does then there is no need to NAT on the ASA and you can have all your NAT in one place. If it doesn't have your internal networks in it's routing table then you will need to NAT on the ASA.

Regards

Thanks James! The Fatpipe doesn't have our internal networks set up. It just has an "internal gateway" of my ASA's public address. I'm converting from a Symantec firewall now, and I don't see where it's natting, but I've got nat enabled on the ASA.

Thanks again,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card