Helpful
Replies

NAT/PAT Question on PIX 545-

ccannon88567
Level 1
Level 1

Urgent help needed please!

Setting up a PAT statement for eg;

static (inside,dmz) tcp interface 8002 10.144.100.92 8000 netmask 255.255.255.255

When configuring this through ASDM on a Cisco pix the ASDM asks for the Original port number and then the Translate to port number.

Which perspective does the "Original" term come from?

1) The Original port of the Application on the Server supplying the service - ie The port on the inside server you are translating from?

*** Or ***

2)From the perspective of an incoming packet from an external source - ie The port number that is original in the destination field "before" it gets translated to the actual port that hosts the service on the inside server?

By looking at it in these two perspectives it can be either?

Any help is much needed and would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

1) The Original port of the Application on the Server supplying the service - ie The port on the inside server you are translating from?

original = real = inside = local = 8000

foreign = mapped = dmz = translate to = 8002

edit: my bad, I flipped the ports from the first post

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

original = real = inside = local = 8000

foreign = mapped = dmz = translate to = 8002

edit: my bad, I flipped the ports from the first post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: