Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with two T1s and static routes on ASA 5505 with sec plus license

I have Two T1 lines coming into our office. 1 is a full connected to it's own router (ISP's router). We also have another T1 that is split between voice and data (also terminates in another one of the same ISP's router). I have the default route set to the full T1. I need to configure a static route to send all traffic destined for a certain network out of the split T1. How would I configure this from the command line? I have a vlan for the full T1 (outside) and a vlan for the split T1. Is it possible to configure a static route to send all traffic destined for a particular network out of the vlan connected to the router with the split T1?

1 Reply 1

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

Sure, a static route would work. If the nameif of your vlan you want to go out of is "split", the network you want to reach is "172.30.0.0/24" and the next-hop the ASA is connected to is "10.0.0.1" then you would do:

route split 172.30.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card