Views
Helpful
Replies

Old configuration after power loss to Primary in ASA 5200 Active\Active pair

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two ASA 5200's in a active\active pair running 8.2. The power was lost to the primary device, was restored. but now the configuration, ip addreses etc are old (over a year). what would cause this? When ever we make a change ot the config in the ADSM we always "Apply" and "Save", should we do more than this?

Thanks

Stuart 

3 Replies 3

brianwilliams99
Level 1
Level 1

You need to verify that your failover is properly configured. (Which I assume it is since the secondary has the current config)

Next, make sure none of the switch ports that the ASA is connected too are not in an err disabled or down state.

There is a procedure that Cisco has for brining up the failed ASA.

Hope this helps

Hi, thanks for answer. The failover seemed to work in as much as we didnt have any down time, it was more to do with the config then being old. About a year ago we had to update most of our ip4 addresses and after the fail over these had reverted back. Just wondering what would cause that?

cheers

Stu

The only thing I can think of, would be, if the current config had the "system" config command hard coded to load an old config.

Configuring the File to Boot as the Startup Configuration

By default, the ASA boots from a startup configuration that is a hidden file. You can alternatively set any configuration to be the startup configuration by entering the following command:

hostname(config)# boot config {flash:/ | disk0:/ | disk1:/}[path/]filename

The flash:/ keyword represents the internal Flash memory on the PIX 500 series security appliance. You can enter flash:/ or disk0:/ for the internal Flash memory on the ASA 5500 series adaptive security appliance. The disk1:/ keyword represents the external Flash memory on the ASA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card