cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open same port for multiple servers.

joescott4t
Level 1
Level 1

I am sorry if this sounds rudimentary, but I wanted to make sure. I want to open up port 80 to more than one web server. I already have port 80 open on one public IP address and have another one ready to use for another server. My assumption is that I should just be able to create a policy using the additional IP address and use port 80 without any issues. Is that correct to assume? I would also like to know, how one would do this is they only had one public IP address. I believe these should be relatively easy questions for the experts here. Thanks.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a netblock from which you can assign multiple IP addresses then, yes - just asign additional access-list entries and static NAT entries.

If you only had a single (or limited number all in use) public IP address then you would have to use some sort of PAT (port address translation). for instance:

server 0 is <outside address>:80

server 1 is <outside address>:81

server 2 is <outside address>:82

..etc. Your remote users would then have to specify the non-default port (80/81/82) when browsing to the site.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a netblock from which you can assign multiple IP addresses then, yes - just asign additional access-list entries and static NAT entries.

If you only had a single (or limited number all in use) public IP address then you would have to use some sort of PAT (port address translation). for instance:

server 0 is <outside address>:80

server 1 is <outside address>:81

server 2 is <outside address>:82

..etc. Your remote users would then have to specify the non-default port (80/81/82) when browsing to the site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card