Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Ordering ASA5505 Security Plus Licence

We have a base licence with 25 ssl user licences. we need to increase the VPN peers to 25. hHw can we do it, and what would be the product number? Thanks for your help.

current FW has following

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8

VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted

Inside Hosts : 50

Failover : Disabled

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

SSL VPN Peers : 25

Total VPN Peers : 10

Dual ISPs : Disabled

VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

19 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Ordering ASA5505 Security Plus Licence

I believe you would need a security plus license.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e36.html

Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus bundle

Includes Cisco ASA 5505, unlimited users, 8-port Fast Ethernet switch, stateful firewall, 25 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, stateless Active/Standby high availability, dual ISP support, DMZ support, 3DES/AES license, and 1 expansion slot

part number:

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9

-KS

Community Member

Thanks for the replay, but I do have a ASA5505. I just need the key to enable additional licences. I tried to look for getting additional licence product information on cisco website, but couldn’t find the product number for the licence.

Cheers,

PN

Community Member

Hi KS,

Thanks for the replay, but I do have a ASA5505. I just need the key to enable additional licences. I tried to look for getting additional licence product information on cisco website, but couldn’t find the product number for the licence.

Cheerrs,

Pubudu.

Community Member

I found this information very useful for my particular application - Thanks

Community Member

Hello Madam, 

Hello Madam, 

I have question. While I am opening ASDM on asa device on a web browser.  I was not able to access asdm. It says java runtime environment is not supported. But I have latest java on my system. How can I run asdm on pc. for further configuration?  Please help with your kind suggestion. 

Community Member

How can I solve this problem.

How can I solve this problem.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

@bangalore.samanta08@gmail

[@bangalore.samanta08@gmail.com]  ,

Please post a new discussion.Your question is unrelated to this 7 year old thread.

Community Member

How Can I solve this?

How Can I solve this? Although I have latest java.

Community Member

L-ASA5505-SEC-PL=

Community Member

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Community Member

Hi,

One more question for you.

If I go over 10 VPN sessions, what would happen? Does Cisco actively tract number of PVN sessions?

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Community Member

With the Sec Plus license, you will get 25 IPSec VPN peers.  After 25, no more can be established. 

Community Member

Hi,

We place an order for the licence, but it will take some times to arrive. In the meantime, can I add the VPN sessions? Will it work temporary? Until we get the licence.

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Community Member

The license is electronic and usually take 24 hours to get if your partner has a good distributor.  Nope, I don't believe you can cover over 10 IPSec VPN Peers with out the license.

Let me know if you do not have a partner you are working with and I can get a quote for you.  Private message me.

Community Member

Hi,

I managed to obtain the key today, but when I enabled the licence, I got..

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8

VLANs : 20, DMZ Unrestricted

Inside Hosts : 50

Failover : Active/Standby

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

SSL VPN Peers : 25

Total VPN Peers : 25

I wanted to run 25 SSL VPN and 25 IPSEC VPNs. It seems only total of 25 VPN (SSL and IPSEC) sessions are supported.

I tried to get some clarity on this but I couldn't find it on the web. Could you please check it for me?

Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Community Member

Yes 25 concurrent IPSec and SSL VPN combined is the limit on the 5505.  If you need more the 5510 would be needed.  i.e 10 SSL and 15 IPSec VPN = 25 concurrent sessions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/product_data_sheet0900aecd80402e3f.html

1Devices include a license for two SSL VPN users for evaluation and remote management purposes. The total concurrent IPsec and SSL (clientless and tunnel-based) VPN sessions may not exceed the maximum concurrent IPsec session count shown in the chart. The SSL VPN session number may also not exceed the number of licensed sessions on the device.

Community Member

Thanks Very much for your prompt response.

Also, if we were to buy ASA 5510, can we transfer existing 25 SSL licences to the new firewall?

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Community Member

No, each one supports more sessions, has a greater price and thus different part number. 

L-ASA-AC-E-55xx (replace xx with model number)

Community Member

Hi ,

We have a 25 SSL licences for Cisco ASA 5505. Could we transfer the ASA 5505 licence to ASA5510? We are upgrading the firewall.

When I have a look at SSL licences part number they all comes with "ASA5500-ssl-". That mean we should be able use it on any ASA5500. Could you please confirm?

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content