cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering ASA5505 Security Plus Licence

pnanayakkara
Level 1
Level 1

We have a base licence with 25 ssl user licences. we need to increase the VPN peers to 25. hHw can we do it, and what would be the product number? Thanks for your help.

current FW has following

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8

VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted

Inside Hosts : 50

Failover : Disabled

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

SSL VPN Peers : 25

Total VPN Peers : 10

Dual ISPs : Disabled

VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

19 Replies 19

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you would need a security plus license.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e36.html

Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus bundle

Includes Cisco ASA 5505, unlimited users, 8-port Fast Ethernet switch, stateful firewall, 25 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, stateless Active/Standby high availability, dual ISP support, DMZ support, 3DES/AES license, and 1 expansion slot

part number:

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9

-KS

Thanks for the replay, but I do have a ASA5505. I just need the key to enable additional licences. I tried to look for getting additional licence product information on cisco website, but couldn’t find the product number for the licence.

Cheers,

PN

Hi KS,

Thanks for the replay, but I do have a ASA5505. I just need the key to enable additional licences. I tried to look for getting additional licence product information on cisco website, but couldn’t find the product number for the licence.

Cheerrs,

Pubudu.

I found this information very useful for my particular application - Thanks

Hello Madam, 

I have question. While I am opening ASDM on asa device on a web browser.  I was not able to access asdm. It says java runtime environment is not supported. But I have latest java on my system. How can I run asdm on pc. for further configuration?  Please help with your kind suggestion. 

How can I solve this problem.

[@bangalore.samanta08@gmail.com]  ,

Please post a new discussion.Your question is unrelated to this 7 year old thread.

How Can I solve this? Although I have latest java.

nsn-amagruder
Level 5
Level 5

L-ASA5505-SEC-PL=

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

Cheers,

Pubudu.

Hi,

One more question for you.

If I go over 10 VPN sessions, what would happen? Does Cisco actively tract number of PVN sessions?

Cheers,

Pubudu.

With the Sec Plus license, you will get 25 IPSec VPN peers.  After 25, no more can be established. 

Hi,

We place an order for the licence, but it will take some times to arrive. In the meantime, can I add the VPN sessions? Will it work temporary? Until we get the licence.

Cheers,

Pubudu.

The license is electronic and usually take 24 hours to get if your partner has a good distributor.  Nope, I don't believe you can cover over 10 IPSec VPN Peers with out the license.

Let me know if you do not have a partner you are working with and I can get a quote for you.  Private message me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: