Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

OSPF Load Balancing on ASA

Hi, just a quick question, hopefully, I have been reading:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00809a417a.shtml

I am wanting to do equal cost load balancing between an ASA and our 2 internet providers. Reading the article above OSPF load balancing doesn't seem to be supported on the ASAs.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

thanks,

Alun.

3 REPLIES

Re: OSPF Load Balancing on ASA

Alun,

OSPF is supported on the ASA - however I would be very suprised if both of your providers would run OSPF with you, and then redistribute your OSPF into BGP.

HTH>

Hi Andrew,

Sorry, I should have mentioned we are supplying 2 edge routers (which will sit between the ASA and our ISP) which our ISP will run BGP into on one side and then I we will redistribute those routes into OSPF on our side. The question is that given 2 equal costs routes & OSPF will an ASA load balance data between the 2 routers?

Cheers,

Alun.

Alun,

If the costs are the same to the 2 OSPF routers, OSPF will load balance by default.

HTH>

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content