Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Overlaping Static NAT Rule

Hello All . I have an issue while creating NAT rule i am having the Error Overlaping Static NAT Rule

Here is the details

I have already configured static NAT for RDP 3389 Traffic to my host 192.168.1.128 which is working fine. (so i can RDP from outside )

However now i want 9090 port to be translated to 3389 for another host 192.168.1.13 (so i can put 9090 port when i do the RDP to reach the .13 server )

i am receving the Error "

Overlaping Static NAT Rule "

I dont understand how can it be overpaped ?

(see screen shot )

Please help how can i have another Rule with PAT to the Translated port in the ASA ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Hi,

Seems to me that you have the ports the wrong way around in the new configuration.

Your Original port is TCP/9090 which would mean that this would be the actual local port on the host. And you have set the Translated port as TCP/3389 which means that this is the public/mapped port.

Considering you have a Static PAT (Port Forward) already configure for port TCP/3389 this naturally overlaps.

So in the configuration window where you define the ports switch their places and it should be fine.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

5 REPLIES

Hello any help please ?

Super Bronze

Hi,

Seems to me that you have the ports the wrong way around in the new configuration.

Your Original port is TCP/9090 which would mean that this would be the actual local port on the host. And you have set the Translated port as TCP/3389 which means that this is the public/mapped port.

Considering you have a Static PAT (Port Forward) already configure for port TCP/3389 this naturally overlaps.

So in the configuration window where you define the ports switch their places and it should be fine.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Super Bronze

Hi,

Did you get this working by changing the ports?

- Jouni

Thank you i got your point however i have another issue for the moment

i am unable to login to the device using ASDM . i have posted

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2261981?tstart=0

can you let me kow if this below correct meanwhile i cant get the ASDM access .

access-list 100 extended permit tcp any any eq 9090

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 9090 192.168.1.13 3389 netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any interface outside eq 9090

Views
Helpful
Replies