Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

Packet-tracer error on ASDM 7.3

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to make a packet-tracer in ASDM 7.3 and I got the following command preview:

packet-tracer input inside1 tcp  inline-tag -1 172.20.48.1 65535 189.215.132.16 80 xml

But when I click in send button, the ASDM send me the next following error: %Invalid input detected at '^' marker (pointing to the begining of the comand packet-tracer).

If I do by command with the help in CLI is "packet-tracer input inside1 tcp 172.20.48.1 65535 189.215.132.16 http", so the problem is that the ASDM add "inline-tag -1".. ¿why is that?

Thank you

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, this problem is solved at

Hi,

this problem is solved at asdm version 7.3(1)101 .

4 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi, There is most likely a

Hi,

There is most likely a bug in the new ASDM.

There was another post here on the forums where 2 different users using ASDM 7.3(1) were expiriencing the same problem using "packet-tracer".

I guess Cisco must have messed something up with the new ASDM. The problem doesnt seem to be with the actual command itself but rather that ASDM sends wrong command format to the ASA.

I can't say much about this issue myself as I dont have not used the new ASDM and I don't really use ASDM that much anyway :)

The Release Notes for ASDM don't yet list this sort of bug for the ASA though.

- Jouni

Hi, this problem is solved at

Hi,

this problem is solved at asdm version 7.3(1)101 .

I also upgraded ASDM on my

I also upgraded ASDM on my ASA.  Of course, it prompted me to upgrade the software on my PC, which I did.  Now I have the same problem.

I didn't upgrade my other PCs, but the ASA is still defaulting to ASDM 7.3.1.

I just changed the image back to 7.2.1 and it's working fine again.

Hi,Same bug here (AA 5015X

Hi,

Same bug here (AA 5015X and asdm 7.3(1)). Hope Cisco will fix this soon...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content