Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone proxy asa5585

Hello,

I am running phone proxy on an ASA5585  call manager is System version: 9.1.2.12901-3 we have 1000 license and around 200 people currently registered with the call manager. about a week ago we had about 15 users say the phone is no longer registering. The phone will show its trying to register with incorrect date and time and also shows the phone number. Call manager was rejecting them. I troubleshooted with TAC and we came across these phones are not receiving the CTL file from the ASA. TFTP is configured correctly and i know this because people said they were downloading new firmware. why would so many users be working fine then for no reason 15 phones completely stop working and deleting the itl and ctl does nothing. I shipped one user a new phone after configuring it here and he still can not connect. Bypassing home networks are not working as well. I really think this is a wonky issue with the ASA not passing out the CTL file. But i just cant figure out what it is

after while TAC engineers just push me away saying since phone proxys are no longer supported after call manager 7 that we need to migrate to VPN. 

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated I really want to figure this out so people can go on their merry way. 

• Firewalling
Views
Helpful
Replies