Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ping request timedout between Main and DR site

Dear Pros,

We have the  network designed and running as below.

Main site:

Dual  core 6500 as distribution switch

Fwsm as front end firewall

MPLS  WAN router

DR site:

MPLS WAN router

LAN  3560 switch connecting local PCs and servers

When we ping the server in DR  site from Main site , we are getting 4 ping Request Timeout for every 30  minutes.

The  packet flows is as below

Main sitePC-Core switch-FWSM-MPLS Router-ISP WAN  cloud-DR MPLS router-DR switch-server.

I want to troubleshoot that where in  the transsit path 4 icmp packet drops.In order to resolve this issue, i  setup my home lab with some of L3 3550 switch and 3700 router. I want  to apply debug ip packet details cmd on 3550 switch and 3700 router then  monitor the packet flow between 2 pcs connected end to end. When I run  the debug ip packet cmd on switch and router I can not see any console  message for the packet flow transiting the device but if I ping switch  or router interface then I could see the console message with d=x.x.x.x  as local switch/router interface IP but not the transit traffic.

Also  could you give the ASA or FWSM packet tracer feature to troubleshooting  the packet flow thro the FWSM .

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Ping request timedout between Main and DR site

There is no packet-tracker command in FWSM. Only in the ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/p.html#wp1913020

-KS

Views
Helpful
Replies