Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping request timedout between Main and DR site

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Pros,

We have the  network designed and running as below.

Main site:

Dual  core 6500 as distribution switch

Fwsm as front end firewall

MPLS  WAN router

DR site:

MPLS WAN router

LAN  3560 switch connecting local PCs and servers

When we ping the server in DR  site from Main site , we are getting 4 ping Request Timeout for every 30  minutes.

The  packet flows is as below

Main sitePC-Core switch-FWSM-MPLS Router-ISP WAN  cloud-DR MPLS router-DR switch-server.

I want to troubleshoot that where in  the transsit path 4 icmp packet drops.In order to resolve this issue, i  setup my home lab with some of L3 3550 switch and 3700 router. I want  to apply debug ip packet details cmd on 3550 switch and 3700 router then  monitor the packet flow between 2 pcs connected end to end. When I run  the debug ip packet cmd on switch and router I can not see any console  message for the packet flow transiting the device but if I ping switch  or router interface then I could see the console message with d=x.x.x.x  as local switch/router interface IP but not the transit traffic.

Also  could you give the ASA or FWSM packet tracer feature to troubleshooting  the packet flow thro the FWSM .

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no packet-tracker command in FWSM. Only in the ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/p.html#wp1913020

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card