Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 PDM Monitor Only Mode and RDP

samuelredden
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In an attempt to make my network more secure I closed TCP port 3389 for terminal services and enabled VPN access. I did the wizard that is in the PDM to configure the VPN. I was able to connect securely and access the servers. However I was not able to access the internet while connected to the VPN. I found that the problem was not having the split tunneling configured. Inside the PDM I navigated to the VPN tab and then down to the split tunnel section. I then enabled a "default template" which caused the PDM to enter a monitor only mode. My question is this. What do I need to do to remove it. The error that pops up says something about a mis configuration. The template I enabled and the VPN configuration i don't believe work together well. access control list outside_cryptomap_dyn_20. Moreover, like I said before I removed the access list for RDP in the PDM before it stopped working. If I could access the PDM I could post the exact error im getting. I am useing Putty to gain access to the PIX and can successfully log in and make changes. Can someone please type out the ACL for RDP? inbound tcp 3389 to any. Thanks and sorry for being a noob.

2 Replies 2

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

Go through the document "PIX/ASA: Allow Remote Desktop Protocol Connection through the Security Appliance Configuration Example"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807d287e.shtml

Yea, I ended up calling Cisco tech Support for this as it was above my PIX understanding and was afraid I was going to cause more problems. I will check out that link. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card