Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 reverts back to FTP server?

johnr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

A am new here and I did do a search and could not find any problems similar to mine, I hope you can help.

My problem is that after my company's PIX 501 is unplugged after for a night or two when the firewall is plug back in it goes to an ftp server configuration with a monitor prompt. Unplugging it returns it to the setup of the saved configuration.  Yes, I have replaced the battery and it is turned off when we are done with testing the configration. My question is why is it going to the ftp configuration and how messed up is this PIX 501? (Note this was an unopened box from another company this firewall was never in service).

1 Reply 1

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Seems like your firewall is in monitor mode. Please use the procedure listed in the below link and upgrade the code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094a5d.shtml#upbootormon

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card