cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 506 Throughput Poor?

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

I was using a 2651XM with a DSL WIC to terminate an internet connection, perviously we were seeing 4500/680 for speeds from the "speedtest.net" website, also a directly connected computer on the DSL modem see's the same performance.

Once we put the PIX 506 in the picture now we are seeing a max of 2500/640 for speed.

Has anyone seen this before?

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

The compact desktop chassis of the Cisco PIX 506E provides two autosensing Fast Ethernet (10/100) interfaces. Ideal for securing high-speed Internet connections, the Cisco PIX 506E delivers up to 100 Mbps of firewall throughput, 16 Mbps of Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) VPN throughput, and 30 Mbps of Advanced Encryption Standard-128 (AES) VPN throughput in a cost-effective, high-performance solution

This is a 506 not a 506E.

Unfortunatly the data sheet for the 506 is not on CCO (that I can find), I was able to read the 506E just fine, thanks, unfortunatly, it does not apply.

Have you checked speed and duplex on the pix?

On the private site both switch and PIX are 100 FULL, on the public side I have tried all the possible combinations, with AUTO AUTO being the best.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card