Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515 7.2(1) always reload

Hi All,

I have a big problem, I hope you can help me here. Since yesterday, I found out that my Pix Firewall keeps reloading until now. Is there someone out there experience this thing? Please help!!

many thanks,

reymon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PIX 515 7.2(1) always reload

Hi Reymon!

Have you checked if the ASA is crashing?  You can check by using the "show crash" command and if it is it will give you a big output.  You can also try setting a syslog; perhaps this can help you to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers!

- Yamil

4 REPLIES

Hi Reymon!

Have you checked if the ASA is crashing?  You can check by using the "show crash" command and if it is it will give you a big output.  You can also try setting a syslog; perhaps this can help you to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers!

- Yamil

Hi Yamil,

Thanks for your reply. I check the crash file and  send to a cisco partner and they told me that the IOS is hit by a bug. I upgrade the IOS to 7.2(3) and so far  its not reloading anymore.

Thanks,

reymon

Cisco Employee

Yes, they are right. Your OS on the firewall was definitely hit by a bug. I have seen such issues on a failover pair running 7.2.. version where active gets stuck in a reload cycle. I don't remember the exact bug ID on top of my mind, though I guess its a public bug which you can pretty much dig.:).

Cheers.

Vijaya

Is this a failover unit? How often it reloads? Do you have a crash file or logs?

Views
Helpful
Replies