Helpful
Replies

Pix 515 Bug Fix and Frustrations with TAC

jordan.bean
Level 1
Level 1

We have a PIX 515 and believe we're getting hit with the following DOS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/csa/cisco-sa-20090408-asa.html

I realize the PIX 515 is EOL, but it works fine for us.  It has always been my understanding that Cisco will provide bug fixes at no cost.  I just tried calling TAC and they said that I couldn't renew support on this unit (which I already knew) and they refused to provide a bug fix for the unit.  We are running 7.0(6) on the PIX and I'm trying to obtain 7.0(8)6.

I just wanted to express my sense of frustration with the restrictions of the software download area and Cisco's refusal to support us when we need it most.  I know that I'm not the only one that shares this view.  If someone can please help be obtain this bug fix then I would greatly appreciate it.  Also, I hope my sense of frustration is shared with managers or someone that has the power to do something about it.  I know that I'm not the only one in the community that feels this way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend contacting the TAC again and ask to speak to a duty manager. Specifically cite the security advisory and make it clear you are requesting service under the terms noted in the advisory for "Customers without Service Contracts".

Good luck.

p.s., I'd really push management to fund a new firewall in the meantime.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend contacting the TAC again and ask to speak to a duty manager. Specifically cite the security advisory and make it clear you are requesting service under the terms noted in the advisory for "Customers without Service Contracts".

Good luck.

p.s., I'd really push management to fund a new firewall in the meantime.

Thank you very much.  I spoke with the same TAC representative and he let me through this time.

You're welcome. I'm glad it ended up working out for you.

In general, you always have the option of either:

a. being referrred to entitlement (in case of general entitlement or contract coverage issues) or,

b. escalating to a duty manager (in the event that you don't believe your opened case is being properly handled for whatever reason).

TAC management makes a lot of effort to ensure customer satisfaction. When things don't work out for the customer as desired, being informed about how they manage the service helps get you the necessary level of attention.

(Not a Cisco employee but a long time customer under multiple accounts in the enterprise, service provider and partner arenas.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card