cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 Keeps Reloading

Gerard Roy
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Pix firewall with an UR license and it has Active/Active Failover. When I connect via console, it appears to be continuously reloading and cannot be interrupted. Only when I do esc while it's rebooting can I get the monitor> prompt. I have to enter all the monitor variables "server, addr, interface, file, Etc.." and then type TFTP and it loads the version 7 or 8 code and comes up. Problem is If I reboot it is back to square one. I have reset to factory and it still does it. Please see attached File. What is strange is that once I load the image from monitor mode, it all works well.

17 Replies 17

Hello,

I got the same problem on PIX 525 FO unit. After TFTP, the PIX keep reloading, without image installed in flash. I have not tried the format yet. Should I try format command. Further, can i use the erasedisk622?

Please help advise.

Thank you.

Doan

Dear all,

It worked; I was able to recover PIX 525 operation, using both format command and erasedisk622.bin. The tip was very useful.

Thank you all.

Doan

Hello,

I am having a problem similar to the one described, a 515 rebooting because of image being corrupted when boot sequence tries to load it.

I am going to try the process described but i have a doubt between these steps:

4)Power up your PIX, then enter monitor mode. Tftp the erasedisk622.bin

5) Say yes to erase disk question. After it completes, follow the steps in their respective order in my previous post again

After tftp the erasedisk622.bin it will start some process automatically or do i have to boot to make the PIX load the file during boot sequence and then go to step 5?

Thank you in advance.

Bruno.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card