Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515 problems downloading files

Hi all,

I have a problem I am configuring a Cisco pix 515e, I have two VPN tunnel site to site Working and the firewall up and running, but I have a problem with the firewall when I tried to download files from certain sites I can't, for example I can't download files from Mozilla http://www.mozilla.org/download.htm or www.microsoft.com among many others.

I can download files from torrents, and most ftp servers, as well update my computers from Microsoft widows update.

For example if I download internet explorer 8 from Microsoft site, the download starts but only download a few Kb, other times the download doesn't start.

I also have problems with you tube, the problem is the following, if I tried to see any video the clip is very slow to start, and in some cases I can't see the clips.

I attach the log file from Cisco pix to help troubleshoot the problem, as well a configuration file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am glad i could help you in resolving the issue .

Pls rate if it helps

HTH

Saju

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can't answer your question specifically, but if you look at your configuration you have internal network routes to 20.0.0.0/8, 30.0.0.0/8, and 40.0.0.0/8 which are public sector IP address ranges. If any outbound traffic is destined to a website that falls within that range, you will get weird results possibly like these.

route inside 20.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.54 1

route inside 30.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.54 1

route inside 40.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.54 1

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

This could be a fragmentation issue.Try to adjust TCP MSS value on PIX.

sysopt connection tcp-mss MSS_size_in_bytes

example : sysopt connection tcp-mss 1360

HTH

Saju

I use the following article to solve the problem

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00804c8b9f.shtml

It was the TCP MSS.

Thank you for the help

I am glad i could help you in resolving the issue .

Pls rate if it helps

HTH

Saju

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card