Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 515E 8.0 Password recovery

So, I have a PIX 8.0 that I will have to perform password recovery on, and am not finding what I need. I have done pw recovery on other versions of PIX before using the "npXX.bin" files, and I found the following documentation for 8.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/trouble.html#wp1065915

The problem is that the documentation says to use a "npXX.bin" file just like in the past, but the latest version of that file that is available is "np70.bin".

Can I use "np70.bin" for a 8.0 PIX, or what?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PIX 515E 8.0 Password recovery

I used np70.bin on a Pix515E running 8.0(3) code and it worked fine. TAC said np70.bin was for "later versions" of code, not just 7.0. It was a snap.

Good luck.

5 REPLIES

Jeff, good question .. Im replying to this message so it does not loose its momentun in forum. I confirmed as you have all password recovery for cisco PIX covers version 7.x but nothing mentioned on 8.0x or any other link I could fine indicating the ok to use np70 on PIX platforms running 8.0.To be completely sure I would suggest that you open a TAC case to receive confirmation from them or additional link with accurate process information.

Rgds

Jorge

I used np70.bin on a Pix515E running 8.0(3) code and it worked fine. TAC said np70.bin was for "later versions" of code, not just 7.0. It was a snap.

Good luck.

Nice information Michael, good to know, I rate.

Rgds

Jorge

Thank you!

This is what I was hoping to hear.

This document mentions np70.bin suitable for 8.0 OS version password recovery.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies