Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Pix 515e is standby

Hi,

we have 2 pix system with failover and standby fascility, now i would like to use astandby pix for other jup, but i coudlnt do any, because the worrning message allows supplied that "this pix is standby" , so i need to erase this fascilty to do my new configuration.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Pix 515e is standby

You can issue a write erase and reload without saving the configuration and start configuring the PIX-515e for another job.

I hope the device has proper license. If you only have a FO (failover only license) then, you cannot deploy the unit by itself as a stand alone firewall.

Pls. read here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/configuration/guide/failover.html#wp1025358

The PIX Firewall with the FO license is intended to be used solely for failover and not in standalone mode. If a failover unit is used in standalone mode, the unit will reboot at least once every 24 hours until the unit is returned to failover duty.

Hello Sir"

I would like to inform you that my device has license "FO" (failover only license) So,I ask if can I configure this device working as standalone device to make my network conecting to internet using nat, or i have to looking for other device?

thanks'

The failover license is far cheaper than a full license, and will not allow you to configure as a stand alone device.

On the positive side it means you get a bargain backup device, but as you've found it does mean you can't split the two and use both as standalone firewalls.

Seems fair though eh :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies