Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 525

batumibatumi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Friends, i hope i can find my answer here... I configured my PIX 525 with ASDM. It has two interfaces ,, Inside and Outside''... For inside Ethernet i use my network and for Outside Internet. From PIX i can ping every IP address but from my notebook i can not ping outside's interfaces IP address and gateway... what must be the most common reason ?!

plz, help meeee....

Regards, batumi3

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I guess not, if you are able to ping other outside addresses from your inside host, then perhaps there may be something spooky going on with your ISP. Then again if you can ping certain addresses from your pix that you can't from your inside host, that is odd. Pls post a sanitized config so we can confirm everything is OK at your end.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kagodfrey
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

It sounds like you may not have your address translation set up. This may be set up in a variety of ways as described (for ASDM or CLI) here for pix/asa running 7.x:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008046f31a.shtml

or here for pre 7.x (CLI):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00800b6e1a.shtml

If you are still having issues pls post your (sanitized) configuration

HTH

Kev

Kev, great TNX

i forgot to write this one... i can not ping DNS server ... but i could ping another ISP DNS server or for example 4.2.2.2 ... Do you stil think that it's NAT problem ?

I guess not, if you are able to ping other outside addresses from your inside host, then perhaps there may be something spooky going on with your ISP. Then again if you can ping certain addresses from your pix that you can't from your inside host, that is odd. Pls post a sanitized config so we can confirm everything is OK at your end.

Kev,

They juse closed icmp echo-reply... today i cheked it it's working fine. TNX

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: