Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

PIX 6 port forwarding

Hi,

I need to publish on internet my webmail server but I don't have any public IP address available.

My outside interface is assigned to a public ip address.

Is it possible to configure a port forwarding so that the request on a particular port on the outside address of the pix are forwarded to an internal address to a specific port?

Thank you for your support.

acle

4 REPLIES

Re: PIX 6 port forwarding

static (inside,outside) tcp inteface 80 web_server_IP 80 netmask 255.255.255.255

where web_server_IP is the actual IP address

of the webserver.

Keep in mind that port forwarding is the same

between version 6.x and 7.x

Thanks david.

Considering that I have to publish an internal resource isn't the correct command static (outside,inside)?

no it is static (inside,outside). That's how cisco pix works.

I enter the following command:

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 4100 webserver 443 netmask 255.255.255.255.

Now I need to configure the

access-list.

The source address should be any but the destination should be the webserver on port 443 or the outside interface on port 4100?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content