cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX code upgrades from ver 6.2.1 to 6.3.5 - recomendations

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Could someone advice me on upgrade process for a set of 515E PIXes firwall code and pdm version upgrades.

I will be upgrading a set of pixes in a failover configuration, I have read the upgrade process for failover firewalls and seems fearly straight forward but my question is, would it be feasable when tftping the new version to also tftp the pdm image file upgrade as well, is this something that can be done all together in one process or would it be best to upgrade the code one at a time, that is firewall code first and got through the boot/failover process and tftp the PDM image on another install process.

Current:

PIX Models PIX515E

Unrestricted

64 RAM, FLASH 16MB

Version 6.2.1 ( Upgrating to 6.3.5)

pdm ver 2.0.2 ( upgrading to 3.0.4)

Thanks much

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
2 Replies 2

gagansethi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If i were to upgrade a pix firewall running in failover i would have First upgraded the firewalls in failover & would have ensured smooth functioning of the device after upgrade and then would have upgraded the PDM version.

Thanks

gagan

Gagan thanks for your input, fair enough.. good point on failover verification/functionality before moving to pdm upgrades.

Thanks

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: