cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Device Manager has started in another browser window

ggonzalez45
Level 1
Level 1

I recently start to work in a company as System Administrator. I has a Pix 515E. Trying to access the Pix using PDM I receive this error or screen in my browser "The Cisco PIX Device Manager has started in another browser window. If you wish, you may close this window" Can someboy tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

David White
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal. The web browser window is just indicating that PDM is launching in it's own java window. Are you saying that you are not seeing PDM appear at all?

Finally, it is always good when requesting help to list the version of the product you are using. In this case for PIX and PDM.

Thanks,

David.

Sorry, this is my first message to this forum, I have a Cisco Pix 515E with Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.2(2) and Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 2.1(1). You say this is normal, but after this screen I don't have a button or a link to proceed, I mean, in the IE screen there is a PDM image (Cisco Pix Device Manager 2.1) and the message I sent, after that I can not click a link or a button to see the next screen. Please Help me as soon as you can. Thanks

I new window should be launched where the PDM java applet appears. However, this is a very old version of PDM you are trying to run, and there are fairly strict requirements about both browser version and java version for it to run properly.

If this is a new install, I would highly suggest upgrading to PIX version 6.3(5), and PDM version 3.0(4).

If you want get it running with the existing versions, then let's check both your IE browser version and your java versions.

You could also attempt to launch PDM with Netscape if you have that installed (or Firefox).

David.

Thanks for the answer, finally I found the problem, in my IE browser the Pop Up BLocker was enabled, and of course the new window could not be opened. As you suggested I want to upgrade the Pix version and PDM version but I don't know from where, I've been searching the cisco web and didn't find these files to download, could you help me again, please

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card