Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix Firewall

tdalago911
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Pix 515e w/ ver 6.3

I just finished configuring a object-group, the access-list, and the access-group command the hard way "CLI".

do I have to issue the "Pix1#clear xlate " command for the change to take effect ?.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco recommendeds doing a 'clear xlate' after any ACL or NAT configuration change. However, if the ACL change you had made doesn't affect any existing xlate entry then clearing xlate mayn't be required.

Are you concerned about any disruption in traffic by the 'clear xlate' command. There should be a very brief disruption and the xlate entries would be quickly recreated.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cisco recommendeds doing a 'clear xlate' after any ACL or NAT configuration change. However, if the ACL change you had made doesn't affect any existing xlate entry then clearing xlate mayn't be required.

Are you concerned about any disruption in traffic by the 'clear xlate' command. There should be a very brief disruption and the xlate entries would be quickly recreated.

HTH

Sundar

i-kendall
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with Sundar, but my advise would be, "If in doubt do a clear xlate". It seems to clear all sorts and just makes the changes work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: