Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Pix Firewall

I have a Pix 515e w/ ver 6.3

I just finished configuring a object-group, the access-list, and the access-group command the hard way "CLI".

do I have to issue the "Pix1#clear xlate " command for the change to take effect ?.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pix Firewall

Cisco recommendeds doing a 'clear xlate' after any ACL or NAT configuration change. However, if the ACL change you had made doesn't affect any existing xlate entry then clearing xlate mayn't be required.

Are you concerned about any disruption in traffic by the 'clear xlate' command. There should be a very brief disruption and the xlate entries would be quickly recreated.

HTH

Sundar

2 REPLIES

Cisco recommendeds doing a 'clear xlate' after any ACL or NAT configuration change. However, if the ACL change you had made doesn't affect any existing xlate entry then clearing xlate mayn't be required.

Are you concerned about any disruption in traffic by the 'clear xlate' command. There should be a very brief disruption and the xlate entries would be quickly recreated.

HTH

Sundar

Community Member

I agree with Sundar, but my advise would be, "If in doubt do a clear xlate". It seems to clear all sorts and just makes the changes work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content