Helpful
Replies

PIX IOS 5.1 fixup protocol pptp

lars.duman
Level 1
Level 1

I try to run:

fixup protocol pptp 1723

however it doesnt work. i receive the error message "bad protocol". This works just fine in PIX IOS 6.1.

Anyone have any ideas?

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

fixup protocol pptp feature was introduced in in version 6.3, go over this link which explains it for pixes running 6.2 and earlier codes.. perhaps time to upgrade your code..

Try this , if problems post results to help out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080094a5a.shtml#intro

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

I was thinking of upgrading too however i don't think i can upgrade to 6.3 since the PIX i have only has 128MB RAM and 2Mb Flash.

I was thinking of upgrading too however i don't think i can upgrade to 6.3 since the PIX i have only has 128MB RAM and 2Mb Flash.

I see.. however, even without upgrading you should be able to work with pptp implementation with the link I provided, just follow the example instructions for PIX running code 6.2 and earlier versions.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card