Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX PIX-515E need to failover on primary box

Sunil Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have failover on PIX-515E, before some days my primary box gone faulty so i recived the new rma box, now i want to installed that box in network currently my network is running on secondary box.i have installed the required licences and also upgarde the IOS on RMA box. The box is in serial failover.

Please suggest me the steps for introducing the RMA (Primary) boc in the network. As i want RMA box should work as primary itself.

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

jyothydas
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807dac5f.shtml

Just plug the new box to network; connect cables like what the old box had and follow the commands said in the above link.

Replace the Failed Unit with a New Unit

Complete these steps in order to replace a failed unit with a new unit:

1. Run the no failover command on the primary unit.

The status of the secondary unit shows standby unit as not detected.

2. Unplug the primary unit, and connect the replacement primary unit.

3. Verify that the replacement unit runs the same software and ASDM version as the secondary unit.

4. Run these commands on the replacement unit:

ASA(config)#failover lan unit primary 
    ASA(config)#failover lan interface failover Ethernet3
    ASA(config)#failover interface ip failover 10.1.0.1 255.255.255.0 standby 10.1.0.2
    ASA(config)#interface Ethernet3
    ASA(config-if)#no shut 
    ASA(config-if)#exit

5. Plug the replacement primary unit to the network, and run this command:

ASA(config)#failover

Hi

thanks for ur reply

But i have confiusion in that becoz i want to enable the serial based failover and i thing u given the command for lan base failover.

please give me command to enable serial base failover

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card