Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX Transparent mode config problem

Hi,

I have 2 networks in my LAN, i.e 192.168.1.X and 192.168.100.X

I am using PIX 7.0(5) between the two networks

PIX is configured in tranparent mode,

now I am unable to ping from one network to another,

Kindly let me know the reason for the above scenario,and also is there any alternate way to connect between 2 networks

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: PIX Transparent mode config problem

pix in transparent mode acts as nothing more than a bridge, a proverbial 'bump in the wire'. ie, both networks on either side of the pix MUST be in the SAME network/subnet in order to communicate. you need to either re-address one side of your network to match the other, or put the pix back in routed mode.

Thanks for reply,

if I put back to routed mode, is it possible to talk to each other network, because i tried that aswell, it didn't worked for me,

Gold

you will need to put an ACL inbound on which ever interface is the outside interface because traffic from the outside cannot, by default, enter the firewall...afterall, it is a firewall.

traffic from the inside interface (by default security level of 100) can get to hosts on the outside by default.

i left a bunch of stuff out, but hopefully this little bit will get you started.

Views
Helpful
Replies