Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

J W

Pix, U-Verse and VPN Tunnels

I have a strange problem here.AT&T recently came out and switched our DSL over to U-Verse. 

As many may know AT&T is using Motorola NVxxx Modems that don't use proper bridge mode but you have to configure them for IP Passthrough.

The U-Verse modems have their own public IP address, then you have to configure them to pass through any static address you may have. 

In my case, the modems public IP address is 162.x.x.x, whereas the static that ATT gave me to use is 104.x.x.x. I configured the passthrough, and gave the PIX an address on the 104.x.x.x subnet. I was able to get out the the internet without issue, and I was connecting to sites using the correct IP Address (104.x.x.x).

I have a site to site VPN configured on the PIX that was not coming up properly. I looked at the crypto sa's and saw that it was showing the local crypto endpoint as the modem's address (164.x.x.x) instead of the outside interface of the PIX (104.x.x.x) 

local crypto endpt.: 162.x.x.x, remote crypto endpt.: x.x.x.x

What I am wondering is how it is picking up and using the modem's IP address as the crypto endpoint and not the one programmed on its outside interface? Has anyone experienced this? Would moving to an ASA correct this, or is this an issue that the ASA would exhibit too?

Views
Helpful
Replies