cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX501 DHCP Question

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all. I apologize, but I've posted this topic in the Wireless area as well as I'm not sure who would be best to respond. We're currently using the Cisco Wireless Lan Controller and I have setup a guest WLAN on it as well. My guest wan goes to a vlan that has a dsl modem on it and a pix. It works great in testing as far as plugging a pc in. However, with the WLC it is acting a DHCPRelay agent for the Wireless client and the PIX seems to either ignore it or does not know how to respond. Does anyone have suggestions on how to configure the PIX to resolve this issue? From TAC has told me in the past the WLC acts a dhcprelay agent sending a 'unicast' dhcp request direct toward the dhcp server, in this case the pix. I appreciate any help.

Raun

2 Replies 2

msosabar
Level 1
Level 1

Please specify who is the DHCP server, at which interface of the PIX is it connected, inside or outside ?

the dhcp server is the pix, inside interface.

The client is also inside. The dhcp server will respond to client requests. However, if it receives a requests from the controller, also inside, it will discard it.

All devices are inside in other words. A reguler client receives an IP just fine.

Thanks,

Raun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: