Views
Helpful
Replies

pix515E 6.2 ios version upgrade for latest pix ios

kalpapathum
Level 1
Level 1

hi

please advice me to upgrade pix515E IOS version from 6.2 to latest pix ios version or can please send some docement.

note:i have these configuration in my pix firewall.

Hardware: PIX-515E, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz

Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB

BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

rgds

kalpa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kalpa

There are memory requirements for upgrading to version 7 (and version 8). To upgrade a PIX515 to version 7 requires at least 64 MB of RAM. According to your post you have 32 MB. So to do an upgrade you will first have to upgrade the memory. (and depending on your license requirements it could possibly require 128 MB).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

kalpa

There are memory requirements for upgrading to version 7 (and version 8). To upgrade a PIX515 to version 7 requires at least 64 MB of RAM. According to your post you have 32 MB. So to do an upgrade you will first have to upgrade the memory. (and depending on your license requirements it could possibly require 128 MB).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

crawford.j
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up my lab to test. The issue is with a PIX 501 with Ver 6.3 going into a ISP router. The ISP is running some weird Radio Frequency network connections.

Hi,

The PIX 501 and 506 connot be upgaded to software version 7.x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card